Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Old is So New

Last month we were on one of our travels and i fell in love
with this heavy timber case. The locks are in great order
and it has a fabulous Bakelite handle.
I had to have it, as i knew i could clean it up and it would
be fantastic storage for my stamps. It was a great buy and as
i was walking away i was approached buy another shopper
who offered me double on the spot for it but i already had in mind where
it would go and what i would do with it, so it came home with me.
After a clean and a wipe down with dettol i got to work.
I dry brushed, very lightly the outside so the original colour can still be seen.
I had some spectacular Graphic 45 paper so i cut it up and
randomly placed it over the top, like decoupage.
I then covered the whole top in a clear, semi-gloss finish to protect the paper.
The inside of the lid has a great extra cut out part for even more storage.



1 comment:

  1. What a find, the suitcase looks fantastic after your creative brain got to it. Lovely job.

    ReplyDelete